Is Amazon Prime Video not working on your Roku device?
Amazon Prime Video is one of the longest-running streaming services in the world. It was released way back in 2006 and has gathered over 200 million subscribers worldwide. Amazon Prime Video is available on many devices, including browsers, Android, iOS, and Roku.
Despite having support for multiple platforms, Amazon Prime is not flawless. If you are a regular user, you might encounter a few hiccups from here and there.
Recently, there have been reports from multiple Roku users who can’t stream movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime Video. Some even complain that they cannot even access the app’s home screen.
Usually, issues with Amazon Prime Video on Roku devices are caused by outdated software.
However, it can also be due to corrupted data, server-related problems, slow network connections, or improper system configurations.
If you can’t stream Amazon Prime shows on your Roku device, we got you covered.
Today, we will show you how to fix Amazon Prime Video if the service is not working on your Roku device.
1. Check Amazon Prime Servers.
Amazon Prime is an online service that relies on its servers to deliver content and services. If you can’t access the platform on your Roku device, try checking the servers first to see if they are online.
You can use third-party sites like Downdetector to view the status of Amazon Prime Video’s servers.
If the service is down, the only option you have is to wait it out. Unfortunately, server-related problems can’t be resolved on your end. On the other hand, you can head to the next solution below if Amazon Prime’s services are working.
2. Restart Your Roku Device.
Before changing your configurations, we suggest restarting your device first if you encounter problems with Amazon Prime Video. This should reload the app’s resources and eliminate temporary issues on your device.
See the steps below to restart your Roku device:
- On your home screen, click on Settings to access it.
- After that, select System and click on System Restart.
- Finally, confirm your action by clicking the Restart button.
Go back to Amazon Prime after restarting your system and check if the problem is solved.
3. Check Your Network Connection.
A stable internet connection is required to enjoy shows on Amazon Prime Video without issues. If you encounter problems while streaming on your Roku device, it might indicate that your internet is running slow.
To verify this, perform a speed test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the test indicates a problem with your connection, restart your modem or router to re-establish the link between your device and your ISP. Unplug your router from the outlet and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
Once done, perform another test to check if the problem is solved. If not, contact your provider and ask them to fix their service.
4. Clear Roku’s Cache and Data.
Like Android devices, Roku stores temporary data on your system, which is used to improve application loading times. However, they can accumulate over time or become corrupted, which causes issues on Amazon Prime Video.
To fix this, follow the guide below to clear your Roku’s cached data:
- First, ensure that the Home tab is selected from the main menu.
- After that, press the Home button of your Roku device five times.
- Tap the Up button afterward, followed by the Rewind button twice.
- Lastly, press the Fast Forward button two times, and your Roku device should begin clearing its cache and data.
Once done, go back to Amazon Prime Video and check if the problem is solved.
5. Update Your Roku Device.
Corrupted or outdated operating system could also be the reason Amazon Prime Video is not working on your Roku device. In this case, we suggest updating your Roku device to patch possible bugs and glitches.
Here’s how you can update your Roku device:
- First, access your Roku device’s Settings and click on System.
- Next, click on System Update.
- Lastly, press the Check Now button and follow the on-screen prompts to install the update on your Roku device.
Restart your device after the update and check if Amazon Prime Video is working.
6. Reinstall Amazon Prime.
If you still encounter issues with Amazon Prime on your Roku device, try reinstalling the app on your device. This should ensure that you have the latest working version of Amazon Prime Video installed.
Follow the steps below to delete Amazon Prime Video:
- On your home screen, highlight the Amazon Prime Video channel and press the Star/Asterisk button on your remote.
- Now, select the Remove Channel option and follow the on-screen prompts to confirm your action.
- Restart your Roku device afterward and search for Amazon Prime Video in the Channel Store.
- Finally, select Add Channel and sign in to your Amazon Prime account.
Once done, try streaming a few shows to check if you’ll encounter error codes or playback issues.
7. Contact Prime Video.
If none of the solutions above worked, it’s time that you let the professionals handle the situation.
Go to Amazon Prime Video’s Support page and get in touch with their team to report the problem you’ve been experiencing. When asking for help, provide all the necessary details on your report to make it easier for Amazon’s team to assess the situation.
That ends our guide for fixing Amazon Prime if it’s not working on your Roku. If you have other questions, please voice them out in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to respond.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂