Are you wondering why you can’t connect Airpods in Windows?
Apple Airpods is a best seller when it comes to wireless earbuds. Apart from pairing and connecting these to an Apple device, Airpods are also compatible with Windows. So, you can easily connect them with your Windows 10 or 11 computers and laptops and listen to anything you want without having to deal with tangled wires.
However, some users have reported that they can’t connect Airpods in Windows. There can be many reasons why this problem may occur. Either there’s a bug in your device’s Bluetooth or an uninstalled Windows update that’s causing a hindrance in pairing and connecting to Airpods.
Airpods Connectivity Issue Occurs in iPhone as well as Windows. We’ve provided multiple solutions in this article to troubleshoot this problem, particularly on your PC. All you have to do is read through this guide to learn the various fixes.
So, without further delay, let’s dive straight in!
1. Disable Bluetooth on Other Nearby Devices.
One of the common reasons your Airpods may not be connecting to your PC is because another device nearby is connected to them. So, check and disable Bluetooth on other devices, then try to reconnect your Airpods with your PC.
Here’s how you can disable Bluetooth on an Android:
- To begin, open the Settings app from your device.
- Then, select Connections.
- After that, turn the toggle off for Bluetooth. You may also swipe down from the top of your screen and tap on Bluetooth to turn it off.
If you’re an iPhone user, follow these steps:
- Start by going to the Settings app from your device.
- Next, select Bluetooth.
- Now, turn the toggle off for Bluetooth.
2. Turn Bluetooth On and Off on Your PC.
Sometimes, an unknown glitch may cause your device to not pair and connect with Airpods. If disabling Bluetooth on nearby devices didn’t resolve your issue, try turning Bluetooth on and off from your PC.
Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, open Settings by pressing Windows key + i.
- Then, select the Devices option.
- From the left pane, click on Bluetooth and Other Devices.
- Now, turn the toggle off for Bluetooth.
- Lastly, wait for 30 seconds before re-enabling Bluetooth.
Now, try to pair and connect your Airpods with your laptop. If the problem persists, move to the following method.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver.
Oftentimes, an outdated and broken Bluetooth driver may cause your Airpods to not connect with your PC. You can quickly resolve this issue by uninstalling the Bluetooth driver before installing it again.
To uninstall the Bluetooth driver in your PC, follow the steps below:
- From your keyboard, press the Windows key and R simultaneously.
- A Run box will appear. Type in devmgmt.msc.
- Then, click on OK to open the device manager.
- Now, locate and select Bluetooth to expand its section.
- From the drop-down options, right-click on your Bluetooth adapter.
- After that, click on Uninstall device.
- A confirmation window will appear. Check the box for Delete the driver software for this device and then select Uninstall.
Once done, restart your PC, and Windows will automatically reinstall the latest driver into it. After that, pair your Airpods with your computer and check if they connect.
4. Re-pair Your Airpods.
For any connection-related problem, the easiest method is to unpair and then re-pair your Airpods with your computer. This should solve your issue in an instant.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key and i simultaneously.
- Then, select Devices.
- From the pane on the left, click on Bluetooth and Other Devices.
- Now, under the Audio section, look for your paired Airpods and click on it.
- After that, click on Remove device to unpair your Airpods.
- To re-pair, simply click on your Airpods name and select Connect.
5. Check for Windows Updates.
Windows brings out new updates once in a while to fix any bugs and compatibility issues that its users may be facing. If your Windows version is not up to date, it may be the reason why your Airpods can’t connect to your PC.
Although Windows updates usually occur automatically, its best to check manually by following these steps:
- To get started, press Windows key + i from your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Next, select Update & Security present at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, click on Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates available, simply let your PC install them.
Once you’re done updating, reboot your PC and check whether your Airpods can now connect to your PC. If you’re still struggling, don’t fret! There are still a few more fixes to go.
6. Update Your Airpods.
Like other Apple devices, Airpods also get firmware updates on certain occasions to ensure your device runs smoothly. Once you connect your Airpods to your Apple device, these updates happen silently in the background. Moreover, Apple doesn’t notify you when the update is finished.
So, if you’re struggling with connecting your Airpods to your PC, one possibility may be that you aren’t using the latest firmware version on your Airpods.
Here’s how you can update your Airpods:
- Start by ensuring that both of your Airpods are in the charging case.
- Then, plug in the case to a power socket.
- After that, connect your Apple device to a stable internet connection and move your device closer to the Airpods charging case.
- Keep them close for a while to let your Airpods update to the latest version.
As Apple doesn’t give you a notification when the update has been completed, simply take out your Airpods after a while. Then, check if your issue is resolved by connecting your Airpods to your PC.
7. Downgrade to the Previous Version of Windows.
Sometimes, a new Windows update may cause an unknown error causing certain problems in your PC. So, if you’ve tried several fixes from this guide and still fail to connect Airpods to your PC, the new update may be the problem. In such instances, downgrading the Windows version may solve the matter.
Below are the steps you need to follow to downgrade your PC:
- Begin by clicking on the Windows logo from the bottom left of your screen.
- Now, type Control Panel in the search bar and click Open from the right pane.
- Then, look for Programs and Features and click on it.
- Under the Uninstall an Update section, look for the latest Windows update and right-click on it.
- Then, click Uninstall.
8. Get Help From Windows Troubleshooter.
If all the methods mentioned above have failed to fix your issue of Airpods not connecting to your PC, your last resort is to get help from Windows Troubleshooter. This program determines where the problem lies within your PC and helps to resolve them.
Here’s what you need to do:
- To start, open the Run program by pressing Windows key + R.
- Next, copy and paste msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic into the search bar and press the Enter key.
- From the Hardware and Devices pop-up window, click on Next.
- Lastly, follow further instructions to troubleshoot your PC.
This ends our guide on why you can’t connect Airpods in Windows. Regardless of whether you’re using Windows 10 or Windows 11, you can make use of the multiple methods given in this guide. If you encounter any issues while doing so, you may utilize the comments section below. We will be more than happy to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂