Can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software in the world. The program was developed by Intuit Inc in 1983 and has gained over 3.4 million subscribers in the US and more than 1.2 million internationally.
If you want to track your business expenses and financial health, QuickBooks is one of the first tools you should consider.
While the software is undoubtedly one of the best, it doesn’t mean that it’s flawless.
If you’re reading this, we can assume that you’re struggling to change the format or template of your invoice. This can be a problem if you want to change the design of your invoices or need a new one for another business.
Based on what we know, this issue is caused by corrupted account data. However, it can also be due to improper browser configurations, or outdated software.
Today, we’ll show you what to do if you can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks.
Let’s get started!
1. Restart Your Computer.
Before tweaking your system configurations, we suggest restarting your computer first if QuickBooks is not working as it should. This way, you can rule out any temporary bugs and glitches that could be causing the issue.
For Windows, see the steps below to restart it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, go to the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
If you’re using a Mac, follow the guide to restart it:
- First, open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your display.
- Now, choose the Restart option.
- Lastly, confirm your action by clicking the Restart button in the dialog box.
Go back to QuickBooks afterward to check if the problem is solved.
2. Update Your System.
One of the first things you should do if you can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks is to rule out any compatibility issues. To do this, ensure that you have installed all pending updates on your computer.
On Windows, here’s what you need to do:
- First, press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- After that, scroll down to Windows Update.
- Lastly, hit the Download & Install option to update your system.
For macOS, see the steps below to update it:
- On your Mac, open the Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
- Next, go to the Software Update tab.
- Finally, click Update Now to install the latest version.
Restart your system after the update and see if QuickBooks is working.
3. Re-Login to QuickBooks.
Corrupted account data could also be the reason you can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks. To rule this out, you can try signing out of your current session and log back in after several minutes to refresh your data.
Here’s how you can log out of your QuickBooks account:
- Access QuickBooks using any browser you prefer.
- Next, click on your Profile ine the upper right corner.
- Finally, choose Sign Out to stop your session.
After 2-3 minutes, re-login to your QuickBooks account and check if the problem is solved.
4. Create A New Style.
If you can’t change your current invoice template on QuickBooks, you can try creating a new style on your account and use that instead. While this will require more work, it’s a good option if you really need to send an invoice right away.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On QuickBooks, click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner and choose the Custom Form Styles option under the “Your Company” tab.
- After that, click on New Style.
- Finally, choose Invoice and create a new template for your company or business.
Once done, you can go ahead and use your new invoice and send it to your clients.
5. Clear Your Browsing Data.
For browser users, we suggest clearing your browsing data if you can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks. This should eliminate corrupted files from your browser, which could be affecting its performance.
See the guide below to clear your data:
- While your browser is open, press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to open the History tab.
- Next, click on Clear Browsing Data on the side menu.
- On the next page, change the Time Range to All Time and include caches and cookies in the process.
- Lastly, hit the Clear Data button to start.
Re-login to your account afterward and check if the problem is solved.
6. Reset Your Browser.
Improper browser configurations could also be the reason you can’t use some features on QuickBooks. To fix this, simply reset your browser back to factory defaults to roll back any changes.
Here’s how you can do it:
- First, open your browser and go to Settings.
- Now, expand the Advanced tab and click on Reset Settings.
- Lastly, choose the Restore Settings to their Original Defaults option.
Go back to QuickBooks and see if you can change your invoice template.
7. Try Another Browser.
If you still can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks, we recommend switching to another browser. The current web browser you’re using might be experiencing technical issues, explaining the problem.
In this case, you can try other reliable browsers like Opera, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge to access your account.
8. Contact QuickBooks.
At this point, the last option you have is to let the professionals handle the situation.
If you still can’t change your invoice template, contact QuickBooks’ team and report the issue with your account. Simply press the Help button on your account page to access the chat assistant.
That ends our guide on what to do if you can’t change your invoice template on QuickBooks. For your questions and other concerns, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂