Is the Disney Plus app not working on your device?
Many people are waiting for Disney Plus’s launch in their region, with some using VPN services to get early access to the platform. However, to their surprise, the Disney Plus app is not working that well on their devices.
There have been many complaints from users who encounter all sorts of errors while using the Disney Plus app. Thankfully, the app comes with a free 7-day trial, so you’re not immediately charged for using the platform.
However, if you are already paying for a monthly subscription, it can be frustrating if you cannot use the Disney Plus app properly.
Lucky for you, we are here to help.
In this guide, we will show you what to do if the Disney Plus app is not working.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Disney Plus is an online platform, and it relies on its servers to deliver services and features. However, if the servers are down, you can expect that the Disney Plus app would not work as it should.
To check the status of Disney Plus, you can use third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website that gives information about applications like Disney Plus, Facebook, Netflix, and more.
Since server-related issues are not addressable on your end, we suggest that you just wait until Disney Plus fixes the problem. However, you can still try the remaining methods below and hope that one of them works out.
2. Close Other Applications.
Your device needs memory or RAM to run applications like Disney Plus without issues. However, as we use our devices, we open more applications that stay in the background and hogs your RAM.
Now, if the Disney Plus app is not working, your device could be out of memory and unable to run the app.
To fix this, close down unnecessary applications that are running in the background.
On Android, you can close down unused applications using the application switcher. Swipe upwards from the bottom of your screen until the app switcher shows up. Identify the applications that you are not using and flick them upwards to stop them from running.
For iOS users with an all-screen display, swipe upwards from the bottom part of your screen to access the app switcher on your device. Now, find the unnecessary applications and drag them upwards to close them.
If you are using an older iOS device, tap the Home button twice to access the application switcher. Do the same steps above to close down unnecessary applications on your device.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
3. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
Disney Plus is available on all major operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and some home entertainment systems. However, not all devices running the said operating systems are compatible with the Disney Plus app.
So, before subscribing to a premium account, visit the Help Center first and check if the app currently supports your device. Consider getting a compatible device if your current one is unsupported.
On the other hand, you can still access the platform using any browser if the app is not working on your device.
4. Lower Your Stream Quality.
If the Disney Plus app is not working when watching a movie or TV show, your internet bandwidth is probably having a hard time keeping up with the demand. In this case, we suggest that you lower the stream quality on the app to reduce your network’s load.
Follow the steps below to change the stream quality on your device:
- First, open the Disney Plus app and tap on your Avatar.
- After that, tap on App Settings.
- Now, open Wi-Fi Data Usage and select Save Data. Go back to the previous page and do the same thing for Cellular Data.
- Go to the Downloads tab afterwards and open Video Quality.
- Lastly, change your preference to Medium or Standard.
Once done, go back to the media library and play another movie or TV show.
5. Re-Login to Your Account.
Temporary bugs and glitches that occur on Disney Plus may have caused your user data to be corrupted. It is also possible that your account data got corrupted when the servers went down unexpectedly.
To fix this, refresh your current session by signing out of your account to eliminate any errors.
On Android and iOS, you can log out of your Disney Plus account by doing the following:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- After that, access your profile by tapping on your Avatar.
- Lastly, tap the Log Out button at the bottom of the page.
For other devices, check out the guide below to log out your account:
- Access your Disney Plus account using a browser.
- Now, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to open the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Account tab.
- Finally, click on Log Out of All Devices to complete the process.
Once done, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before logging back into your account. Use Disney Plus for several minutes to check if the problem is solved.
6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps to use their platform without issues. If your connection is running slow, it may not reach the required bandwidth and cause the app to fail or not to work.
To verify this, run a speed test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download bandwidth.
If the result shows that your connection is the problem, restart your router to refresh your ISP’s connection.
Run another test after restarting your router to check if the problem is solved. Contact your ISP if your network continues to run slow and ask them to fix their service. You can also ask for an upgrade if your current plan is lower than 5 Mbps.
7. Turn Off VPN.
If you are using VPN services on your device, it can also be the reason behind Disney Plus’s problem. VPNs protect your data by making changes to your IP address, which can cause interruptions to your network.
This can make it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus servers and causes the app to fail.
Turn off your VPN first before using Disney Plus and see if the problem goes away.
You can also try other VPNs like IPVanish if you experience issues with your current one. Compared to other services, IPVanish works well with other applications and keeps your connection stable while protecting your online data.
8. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
Some of Disney Plus’ app data may have gotten corrupted during use and caused the app not to work. To fix this, you need to clear your app data, which resets the Disney Plus app back to default settings.
Follow the guide below to clear Disney Plus’ app data:
- First, access your app drawer and open the Settings app.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Find Disney Plus from the list and open its settings page.
- Lastly, go to the Storage tab and tap on Clear Data.
After clearing Disney Plus’ app data, re-access your account and check if the app is already working.
9. Update Disney Plus.
The servers may no longer support the version of Disney Plus on your device. In this case, your device won’t be able to communicate with the application servers, causing the Disney Plus app not to work.
It is also possible that a bug or glitch occurred on Disney Plus, and the app is struggling to work as it should.
To fix this, update the Disney Plus app to the latest version.
On Android, follow the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- First, launch the Google Play Store from your app drawer.
- After that, tap the Menu button inside the search bar to access the side menu.
- Now, tap on My Apps & Games and find Disney Plus from the list.
- Lastly, tap the Update button next to Disney Plus.
For iOS devices, check out the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your device, open the App Store from your home screen.
- After that, tap on your Profile to access the list of apps with available updates.
- Finally, locate Disney Plus and tap the Update button.
If you are using a Playstation 4, you can update Disney Plus on your console by doing the following:
- On your main screen, highlight Disney Plus using your controller.
- After that, press the Options button and select Check for Update.
- Lastly, press the O or X button on your controller to confirm the action.
For other systems, visit the Help Center and look for the specific guide to update Disney Plus on your device.
After updating the app, go back to Disney Plus and see if the problem is solved.
10. Update Your Device.
Your device may have an underlying issue that causes the Disney Plus app not to work correctly. In this case, we suggest that you update your device’s OS to eliminate any bugs or errors that may have occurred.
On Android, check out the guide below to update its OS:
- First, open the Settings app on your device and scroll down to the bottom.
- After that, tap on About or About Phone.
- Lastly, access the Software Update tab and follow the on-screen prompts to download the update to your device.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to update your operating system:
- On your device, access the home screen and launch the Settings app.
- Now, tap on General and go to Software Updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the update.
If you are using other devices, refer to your user manual or go to Disney Plus’ Help Center and look for the guide to update your OS.
11. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If the Disney Plus app is still not working after the update, we recommend that you reinstall the app on your device. Some of its installation files may have gotten corrupted and is no longer fixable by the update.
On Android, you can reinstall Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, open your application drawer and find Disney Plus.
- After that, press its app icon to access the options menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
- Lastly, go to the Google Play Store and reinstall Disney Plus from there.
For iOS users, check out the guide below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- On your home screen, find the Disney Plus app and press its app icon.
- Next, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney Plus.
- Finally, open the App Store on your device and reinstall the app.
If you are using other devices, visit the links below to guide you on the process:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
After reinstalling Disney Plus, go back to your account and check if the problem is solved.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If the Disney Plus app is still not working, you might be dealing with a much serious problem. In this case, we recommend that you let the professionals take over.
Visit the Help Center and contact their support from there. To speed up the process, ensure that you provide all necessary information like your account details, the device you use, and a screenshot of the error.
You can also look for possible answers in the guides on the Help Center.
This ends our guide in fixing the Disney Plus app if it is not working on your device. If you have any questions or concerns, voice them out in the comment section, and we’ll get back to you whenever we can.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂