Trying to figure out why the Disney Plus autoplay feature is not working?
If you watch a lot of series on Disney Plus, you probably find the autoplay feature really helpful. This allows you to continuously watch your favorite shows without the need of lifting a finger to play the next episodes.
Match that with the skip recap or skip intro feature and your watching experience can never get better.
Not until the autoplay feature stops working unexpectedly.
Unfortunately, the autoplay feature on Disney Plus can encounter problems at times and may stop working on your device.
Usually, problems within the application or Disney Plus’ servers are the common culprit for this error. However, it is also possible that the feature got disabled in the settings or your connection is running slow.
Given that number of factors to look into, troubleshooting may take some time and could get confusing.
Thankfully, you don’t have to worry about that.
In this guide, we’re going to walk you through the best methods for fixing Disney Plus autoplay feature if it is not working on your device.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Whenever you run into problems on Disney Plus, the first thing that you should always do is check the servers. Disney Plus is an online platform and relies on its servers to keep its features available.
If the Disney Plus autoplay feature is not working, visit Downdetector to check if there’s a problem with the servers or the feature itself.
Since most server-related errors are not addressable on your end, we suggest that you just wait this one out until Disney fixes the problem.
On the other hand, proceed to the remaining methods below if Disney Plus’ servers are working fine.
2. Check If Autoplay Is Enabled.
If Disney Plus autoplay is not working, the feature could be disabled on your profile, which explains the problem. In this case, you simply need to enable the feature on your profile settings to fix the issue.
Check out the guide below to turn on autoplay on your profile:
- First, access the Disney Plus app on your device and open your profile.
- After that, open the Edit Profiles tab and select the profile you want to manage.
- Lastly, ensure that Autoplay is enabled.
Once done, go back to the series you are watching and check if the autoplay feature is now working.
3. Try Watching Another Show.
The problem could also lie within the specific TV show or series you are watching. There are times when some titles on Disney Plus encounter problems and become unplayable for a while.
If Disney Plus autoplay is not working, the next episode on the series you are watching may have an issue that needs to be addressed by Disney’s team. To confirm this, go back to the media library and try playing another show.
Proceed to the last method below if the autoplay feature is working on other shows to report the problem to Disney.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
A temporary bug or glitch may have occurred on your account that causes features on the platform not to work. In this case, we suggest that you refresh your current session by logging out of your account to eliminate any errors.
On Android and iOS, follow the steps below to log out of your account:
- First, open Disney Plus on your device.
- After that, tap on your Avatar to access your profile.
- Lastly, tap on Log Out.
For browsers, check out the guide below to sign out your Disney Plus account:
- Access the Disney Plus website using your preferred browser.
- Next, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on Log Out.
If you are using other devices, see the steps below to sign out your account:
- First, open Disney Plus on a browser and hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar.
- Now, click on the Account tab to access it.
- Lastly, click on Log Out of All Devices.
Once done, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before signing back into your Disney Plus account.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
A slow internet connection could also be the reason for the autoplay feature not to work. Your device could be struggling to load the next episode due to a poor network connection.
To confirm this, run a speed test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result shows that your network is the problem, restart your router to refresh the link with your ISP’s servers. Remove your router’s power cable from the outlet and allow it to rest for 10 seconds. After that, plug back in the power cable to reboot your network router.
Once done, run the test again to check if the problem is solved. Report the issue to your service provider if the problem persists.
On the other hand, Disney Plus requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps to enjoy the app without issues. If your network doesn’t meet this requirement, contact your ISP for an upgrade.
6. Turn Off VPN.
VPNs or virtual private networks are services that protect your data from hackers and allow you to access restricted content in your region. They work by filtering your data to hide sensitive contents and assigning an IP address from a different region to your device to bypass restrictions.
However, this process can introduce delays and interruptions to your network, making it difficult for your device to maintain a stable connection with Disney’s servers.
If you are using a VPN, turn it off before accessing Disney Plus.
On the other hand, you can also try using other services like PureVPN if you don’t want to go online without protection. Compared to other VPNs, it keeps your network stable and works well with other applications.
To learn more about VPNs, visit our dedicated guide on how to access Disney Plus outside the US.
7. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
Browsers use temporary data called caches and cookies to enhance their performance and speed up loading times of websites. However, this data accumulates over time and can get corrupted without warnings.
If this happens, websites you visit may encounter problems or your browser would not be usable.
To fix this, clear your browsing data to eliminate any corrupted files:
- First, open your browser and press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to open the History tab.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data from the side drawer.
- Next, change the Time Range to All Time and ensure that caches and cookies are included in the process.
- Lastly, click on Clear Data to delete your browsing data.
Once done, log back into your Disney Plus account and check if the autoplay feature is now working.
8. Run Malwarebytes.
Your browser could be experiencing performance issues due to malware and other viruses. This consumes your system resources and network bandwidth, which can negatively affect other applications on your device.
Download Malwarebytes on your device and perform a full system scan to check if there are any infected files on your storage. Malwarebytes will automatically remove these files from your system with a press of a single button.
9. Update Disney Plus.
Disney could already be aware of this issue on their application and might roll out an update any time. If the Disney Plus autoplay feature is not working, try to update the application on your device to patch the error.
On Android, you can update Disney Plus to the latest version by doing the following:
- First, launch Google Play Store on your device and access the side drawer.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games to access the apps with available updates.
- Lastly, locate Disney Plus and hit the Update button.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- On your home screen, find the App Store and launch it.
- Next, tap on your Profile.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to Disney Plus to install the latest version.
If you are using a Playstation 4, see the steps below to update the app on your console:
- On your main screen, find Disney Plus and select it using your controller.
- After that, press the Options button on your controller to open the side menu.
- Lastly, select Check for Update and press the O or X button.
If you are using other devices, visit the Help Center and look for the specific guide for your system.
10. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If the update did not work, you can also try reinstalling the Disney Plus app on your device. This way, you can ensure that you have a working copy installed and corrupted files on your storage would be removed.
On Android, follow the steps below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- First, open your app drawer and locate Disney Plus.
- Now, press its app icon to access the options menu.
- After that, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
- Go to the Play Store afterward and reinstall Disney Plus from there.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to reinstall the app:
- On your home screen, press and hold Disney’s app icon until the selection screen shows up.
- Next, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney.
- Lastly, launch the App Store on your device and reinstall Disney Plus from there.
If you are using a Playstation 4, you can reinstall Disney Plus by doing the following:
- On your main screen, select Disney Plus from the list and press the Options button on your controller.
- After that, select Delete and press the O or X button to confirm.
- Finally, open the PS Store on your console and reinstall Disney Plus.
Refer to the other guides below if you are using a different device:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
Go back to your Disney Plus account afterward to check if the autoplay feature is now working.
11. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If you still can’t use the autoplay on Disney Plus, we suggest that you visit the Help Center and ask for help.
Contact their customer support, which is available through phone, social media, and live chat, to report the problem. Make sure that you provide the necessary details like your account information and the device you use to speed up the troubleshooting process.
You can also look for answers on the guides in the Help Center.
This ends our guide in fixing the Disney Plus autoplay feature if it is not working on your device. Comment down below if you have any questions or concerns and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂