Are you trying to figure out why Disney Plus is not working on Chromecast?
Now that Disney Plus is officially released, it is slowly becoming a significant part of every household’s entertainment system. The app is an on-demand movie streaming service home to almost every popular Disney show, including titles from Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars.
On top of that, documentaries and movies from National Geographic Channel are also available on the platform.
Disney Plus is available on most major platforms, including Android and iOS. It also supports Chromecast devices making the app even more convenient to use on almost any TV.
However, Disney Plus did not have the smoothest app release, and its version for Chromecast is no exception. Up to this date, users across platforms are still experiencing unexpected issues on the app even after multiple updates and patches.
If you are here, you’re probably among the users who are struggling to access Disney Plus on their Chromecast devices.
Although most newly released applications struggle to work well right away, it is frustrating to pay a monthly subscription for a service that you can barely use, right?
Lucky for you, we’re here to help. 😀
In this guide, we will show you what to do if Disney Plus is not working on Chromecast.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Disney Plus is an online service, and it relies on its servers to deliver services and content to users. With this, you must check the status of Disney Plus’s servers first before making any changes on your end.
To do this, you can use third-party sites like Downdetector to view the current status of Disney Plus and the past issues it encountered.
If the servers are down, the best thing to do for now is to wait until their team gets everything sorted. However, you can still do the rest of the methods below and hope that one of them works out.
2. Test By Watching Another Show.
The movie or TV show you are currently playing may have encountered an unexpected problem and is unavailable at the moment. If you cannot watch your favorite shows on Disney Plus, try playing other titles on the platform.
This way, you can verify if the issue is with the entire platform or specific shows on Disney Plus.
If the problem only occurs on particular titles, proceed to the last method below to call the attention of Disney’s team.
3. Delete Special Characters on Chromecast Name.
If you are having a hard time setting up Chromecast on Disney Plus, double-check your device’s name and ensure that it doesn’t have any special characters. Disney Plus may struggle to recognize your device if its name has other symbols.
To change your Chromecast’s name, check out the guide below:
- First, open the Google Home app on your casting device.
- After that, choose your Chromecast device and remove any special characters.
- Lastly, launch Disney Plus and check if the Cast icon is now showing up.
On the other hand, proceed to the following method below if Disney Plus is still not working on Chromecast.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
You can also try logging out of your Disney Plus account on the casting device you use if Chromecast is not working. This will reset your account data, which could have encountered a temporary error when the servers went down.
On Android and iOS, you can sign out your account by doing the following:
- First, launch Disney Plus on your device.
- Next, tap on your Avatar from the bottom navigation bar to access your profile.
- Tap the Log Out button afterwards to complete the process.
For browsers, check out the steps below to log out your Disney Plus account:
- Launch your preferred browser and access the Disney Plus website.
- After that, hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar.
- Finally, click on Log Out to sign out your account.
If you are using other devices, see the steps below to sign out your account:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website and point the cursor to your Avatar.
- Next, click on the Account tab.
- Lastly, click the Log Out of All Devices button.
After 2 to 3 minutes, log back into your Disney Plus account and try casting on your Chromecast again.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Your network connection could also be the reason why Disney Plus is not working on Chromecast. The app requires a minimum internet bandwidth of 5 Mbps to play movies and TV shows without issues and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD titles.
Now to check if your network meets that requirement, run a test using Fast.com to measure its upload and download speed.
If the result shows that your connection is running slow, restart your network router to re-establish the link with your ISP’s servers.
Once done, perform another test to check if your network is now working correctly. Contact your ISP to report the issue if it continues to occur or upgrade your current subscription to meet the bandwidth requirement of Disney Plus.
6. Clear Chromecast Cache (Chromecast Built-In TVs).
If you have an Android TV with a built-in Chromecast feature, try clearing its cache to fix any issues on the app. Temporary bugs and glitches may have occurred on your system and caused Disney Plus not to work when casting on Chromecast.
To clear Chromecast’s cache, follow the steps below:
- First, open your Android TV and press the Menu button on your remote.
- Now, go to Apps and click on Show System Apps.
- After that, locate Chromecast built-in from the list and open it.
- Lastly, click on the Clear Cache button.
Once done, try using Disney Plus again to check if the problem is solved.
7. Use Browser to Watch Disney Plus.
If you own an Android or Smart TV, you can always use its browser to access Disney Plus if Chromecast is not working. Go to your preferred app store and download a search browser on your TV.
Ideally, we recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to open Disney Plus. Now, log in to your account and watch any show that you prefer on your TV.
8. Update Your Chromecast Device.
Your Chromecast device may have an underlying issue that causes Disney Plus not to work. It is also possible that the current version of your device is not compatible with the app.
To fix this, update your Chromecast device to the latest version to resolve any compatibility issues.
Follow the steps below to update Chromecast:
- First, plug in your Chromecast device to your TV and connect it to your network.
- After that, open the Google Home app on your casting device.
- Now, click on More Options beside your Chromecast device.
- Lastly, click on Settings and select Reboot. Your device will automatically install the latest firmware while restarting.
Once done, try casting Disney Plus on your Chromecast again to check if the problem is solved.
9. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If the issue persists, we suggest that you visit Disney Plus’s Help Center and get in touch with their customer support. Elaborate on the problem you experience when casting the app on Chromecast and provide some screenshots if possible.
You can also browse the other guides on the Help Center and see if you can find any possible solutions.
This ends our guide in fixing Disney Plus if it is not working on Chromecast. If you have questions or other concerns, please let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂