Are you experiencing FPS drop on Fall Guys?
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is a battle royale platform game that requires precise and timed movements to get past obstacles. A certain number of players can only cross the finish line each round, and that number reduces until only one is left.
With this, it’s important to have the smoothest experience possible to avoid objects and cross tricky platforms.
Unfortunately, many players experience FPS drop on Fall Guys. This can ruin your timings and potentially cost you the game if it happens at a crucial stage while avoiding an obstacle or crossing a platform.
Based on what we know, this issue is often caused by improper configurations, faulty device drivers, or third-party applications.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide for fixing or reducing the FPS drop on Fall Guys.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Restart Your PC.
When you encounter performance issues on Fall Guys or any other game, the first thing you should do is restart your system. This should reload its resources and eliminate any temporary errors that may have occurred during use.
Follow the steps below to restart your computer:
- First, open the Start Menu on your Taskbar.
- After that, click on the Power Options tab.
- Lastly, choose Restart to reboot your computer.
Once done, go back to Fall Guys and check if your FPS improved.
2. Lower Your Settings.
If you’re running Fall Guys at maxed settings, we suggest toning down your graphics configuration to reduce the load on your system. It’s possible that the current version of Fall Guys is not yet optimized, or your PC can’t handle the game at high settings.
Check out the steps below to lower your graphics settings on Fall Guys:
- Launch Fall Guys on your PC and go to Settings.
- Next, access the Graphics Settings tab.
- Finally, adjust your game settings and check which preset works for you. We also recommend turning off the following:
- Motion Blur
- Depth of Field
- Anisotropic Filtering
- Ambient Occlusion
Start another match afterward to check if the problem is solved.
3. Turn Off Steam Overlay.
Steam Overlay is part of Steam’s user interface, which allows you to access your friends’ list, send messages, and browse the web without closing your game. However, this puts additional stress on your system, which can cause FPS drops.
To avoid this, we suggest turning off Steam Overlay on your PC. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open Steam on your computer.
- After that, click on Steam and access Settings.
- Now, go to the In-Game tab.
- Lastly, uncheck the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay’ option and hit OK.
Relaunch Fall Guys afterward and observe if you still experience FPS drops.
4. Update Your Drivers.
Outdated drivers could also be why you experience FPS drop on Fall Guys. The driver you’re using may not be compatible with Fall Guys or has an underlying issue that causes your graphics card to malfunction.
To fix this, follow the guide below to update your display drivers:
- On your PC, access the Quick Menu by pressing the Windows + X keys.
- After that, click on Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Finally, right-click on your video card and choose Update Driver.
Restart your computer after the update and check if you would still experience FPS drop on Fall Guys.
5. Verify Your Game Files.
Missing or broken game files could also cause performance issues on Fall Guys. Thankfully, Steam has a built-in repair tool that scans your storage for corrupted installation files and automatically fixes them.
Here’s how you can use Steam’s repair tool:
- Launch Steam on your PC and go to the Steam Library.
- Now, right-click on Fall Guys and choose Properties.
- Finally, access the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Go back to Fall Guys afterward to check if the problem is solved.
6. Reinstall Fall Guys.
If you still experience FPS drop on Fall Guys, we suggest reinstalling the game on your computer. The game’s installation files may have gotten severely corrupted and are no longer fixable.
Here’s how you can reinstall Fall Guys on Steam:
- First, go to your Steam Library.
- Next, right-click on Fall Guys and hover your mouse to the Manage tab.
- Lastly, click on Uninstall to delete the game.
Go to the Steam Store on your PC afterward and reinstall the game from there.
7. Report the Problem to Fall Guys.
At this point, the only thing left to do is ask Fall Guys’ team for assistance.
Visit Fall Guys’ Help Center and contact their customer support to report the issue you’ve been experiencing on the game. Provide all the necessary details on your report to make it easier for Fall Guys’ team to address the problem.
You can also browse the guides on their page and see if you can find other solutions.
That sums up our guide for fixing FPS drop on Fall Guys. For your questions and other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂