Is GeForce Experience not opening on your PC?
NVIDIA graphics cards are powerful gaming GPUs that offer the best possible performance for modern triple-A titles. To make the experience better, NVIDIA provides users with companion software for their GPU, which is GeForce Experience.
Besides helping you manage your graphics card’s performance, GeForce Experience also allows you to record gameplay, optimize applications based on your preference, and help you keep your display drivers updated.
Despite all its benefits, GeForce Experience is not flawless and could run into issues from time to time.
If you are here, we can assume that GeForce Experience is not opening on your PC.
Most of the time, this issue can be resolved by running the software as an administrator or disabling your antivirus. However, complex problems could also prevent the software from launching, which needs more advanced solutions.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide for fixing GeForce Experience if it’s not opening on your computer.
Let’s get started!
1. Restart Your PC.
Before doing anything, we suggest restarting your computer if you encounter issues with GeForce Experience. This should ensure that the problem is not caused by temporary errors and that your resources are loaded correctly.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Try running the tool again to check if the problem is solved.
2. Run GeForce Experience As Admin.
If restarting your computer was not effective, you can try running the software as an administrator. This should give GeForce Experience full access to your system and bypass any restrictions set by Windows.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate GeForce Experience on your desktop.
- Now, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Access the Compatibility tab afterward and enable the ‘Run this Program as an Administrator’ option.
- Finally, save the changes and restart your system.
Relaunch GeForce Experience to check if the problem is solved.
3. Reinstall GeForce Experience.
You can also try reinstalling GeForce Experience if it’s still not launching on your computer. This should ensure that you have the latest version of the software and there are no missing resources on your computer.
Follow the steps below to delete GeForce Experience:
- On your computer, go to the Start Menu and look for the ‘Control Panel’.
- Access it and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Locate GeForce Experience from the list and right-click on it.
- Finally, choose Uninstall and follow the prompts.
Once done, go to NVIDIA’s website to reinstall the software. Try launching GeForce Experience afterward to check if the problem is solved.
4. Update Display Drivers.
At this point, the last thing you can do is update your display drivers to the latest version. This should patch possible issues with your video card and ensure that there are no compatibility issues with your drivers and GeForce Experience.
See the guide below to update your drivers:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Finally, choose the Update Driver option and follow the prompts.
Try opening GeForce Experience again to see if it will launch.
That brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix GeForce Experience if it’s not opening on your computer. If you have other concerns, please voice them out in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂