Want to know how you can open Reddit links in Apollo?
Some Reddit users prefer client applications over the native Reddit app since they offer a much more user-friendly interface. Reddit clients can also support a variety of features like push notifications, custom themes, and overall better performance.
One of the most popular Reddit clients is Apollo. This is an iOS-exclusive Reddit client that supports a handful of features.
Unfortunately, some users reported that the Apollo app is no longer opening links from Reddit.
This should not be the case since Apollo is advertised as a Reddit client app. Before troubleshooting the issue, let us show you first how exactly you can open Reddit links in Apollo.
Open in Apollo Method
The most common way to open Reddit links in Apollo is the ‘open in apollo’ prompt on Safari. This allows you to automatically launch Apollo whenever you click on Apollo links on your iOS device.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, visit Reddit and look for anything that you’d like to read or view.
- After that, tap on the Share icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- On the options tab, swipe to the left until you see More and tap on it.
- Enable the Open in Apollo option and hit Done.
Access the Reddit link afterward, and the Apollo app should launch automatically on your iPhone or iPad.
Manually Open Apollo
Another way to open Reddit links in Apollo is to launch the Apollo app on your device manually. While this isn’t the most convenient way, you can try it out if you encounter problems using the first method.
Follow the steps below to perform the process correctly:
- Launch Safari on your device and look for a Reddit link you want to open.
- After that, tap on the URL box and copy the address link.
- Finally, launch Apollo for Reddit and paste the link. Confirm your action by tapping the Open button on the prompt.
Now, you can enjoy reading your favorite Reddit pages in your favorite Reddit client application.
How to Fix Reddit Links Not Opening in Apollo
If the methods mentioned above are not working on your end, you can try the troubleshooting steps we’ve listed below to solve the issue.
1. Restart Your Device
Whenever you encounter problems with Reddit, Apollo, or any other app, the first thing you should do is restart your device. This should reload your resources and eliminate temporary errors that may have occurred during runtime.
For iPhone X, 11, 12, or later:
- Hold down the Volume Down button and Side button until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ prompt appears.
- Now, drag the slider to the right and wait for 30 seconds.
- Press the Side button afterward to turn on your device.
For iPhone 6, 7, 8, or SE:
- Locate the Power button on your device.
- Now, hold the button until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ prompt shows up.
- Drag the slider to the right and wait for 30 seconds before turning on your device.
Try using Apollo afterward to check if the problem is solved.
2. Check Google AMP Links.
One of the main reasons you cannot open Reddit links in Apollo is if you’ve copied Google AMP links instead of the actual link for the post or subreddit page. This means that you’ve copied a link with google’s address in it instead of Reddit.
As a result, the Apollo app gets confused since it can’t read AMP Reddit pages.
To solve this, all you need to do is tap on the link icon below the address bar and copy the Reddit link. From there, launch the Apollo app and paste the link to view the Reddit page or post.
3. Update Apollo Client.
There’s a possibility that the version of Apollo for Reddit you’re using has an underlying issue that causes it to run into errors. To rule this out, we recommend updating your app to the latest version possible.
Follow the steps below to update the Apollo client:
- First, launch the App Store from your home screen.
- After that, go to your Profile and locate Apollo for Reddit.
- Tap the Update button beside the app to start the update.
Once done, try using Apollo to check if the problem is solved.
4. Update Your Device.
You can also try updating your iOS device if you still can’t open Reddit links in Apollo. This should ensure that there are no compatibility issues with your device and Apollo for Reddit.
Here’s how you can update your device:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- After that, go to General > Software Update.
- Finally, go to Automatic Updates and enable all the options under it. Head back to the previous page and tap on Download and Install.
Try using Apollo for Reddit afterward to check if you’ll still encounter problems opening links.
5. Check Network Connection.
Slow or unstable networks could also be the reason you can’t open Reddit links in Apollo. Since you are trying to access online content, you’ll need a stable and reliable connection to avoid problems.
To confirm this, perform a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates a problem with your connection, power cycle your modem or router to re-establish the link with your ISP. Unplug your router from the outlet and wait for at least five seconds before plugging it back in.
Once done, perform another test to check if restarting your router was effective. If the issue persists, contact your provider and ask them to fix the issue with their service.
6. Contact Apollo.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is head to Apollo’s support page to ask for assistance. Get in touch with their team by posting a query on their subreddit page or directly speaking with a developer by sending an email.
When asking for help, it’s best to include all necessary information that can help speed up the process.
That wraps up our guide on how to open Reddit links in Apollo. If you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂