Do you see an error message that says ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ on Disney Plus?
Streaming videos online can consume a lot of bandwidth, and if your connection can’t handle the load, you may experience unexpected issues. This goes the same for on-demand movie streaming services like Disney Plus and Netflix.
On Disney Plus, you can get the ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ error message if your network can’t keep up with the bandwidth requirement. Faulty servers or a problem with the Disney Plus app could also be the culprit for this error.
Given the number of factors to look into, troubleshooting can get handy, especially if you don’t know what you are doing.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide to address the ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ error message on Disney Plus.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Before changing your device’s configuration, verify first if the problem lies with Disney Plus or your end. Doing this allows you to plan the best approach to address this problem on the platform.
To check Disney Plus’ servers, use third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website that gives out information about the current status of applications and websites.
If the servers are offline, any changes on your device won’t help in fixing the issue. However, you can still try the remaining methods below to alleviate the situation.
2. Watch Another Show.
Movies and TV shows on Disney Plus can encounter temporary bugs and glitches and become unavailable for some time.
If you see the ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ error message on Disney Plus, go back to the media library and try playing another show.
3. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
Another reason for the error code 76 to occur on Disney Plus is if your device is not supported. While the app is available for most operating systems, this doesn’t mean that your current device is compatible.
Before subscribing to Disney Plus or accessing the platform, visit the Help Center first and confirm if your device is supported.
Consider getting a compatible device if your current one is not supported or access the platform using a browser.
4. Lower the Playback Quality.
Since the error code 76 could be related to your network connection, we suggest lowering the application’s playback quality. This will reduce the load on your network and potentially lessen the occurrence of the error message.
See the steps below to change the video playback quality on Disney Plus:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- After that, tap on your Avatar and open the App Settings tab.
- Next, access Wi-Fi Data Usage and change the settings to Save Data. Go back to the previous page and do the same thing for Cellular Data Usage.
- Go to the Downloads tab afterward and tap on Video Quality.
- Lastly, change the settings to Standard or Medium.
Once done, go back to the media library and play another movie or TV show.
5. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user data may have gotten corrupted when a bug or glitch occurred on Disney Plus. In this case, you won’t be able to use the platform until you refresh your current session.
To do this, follow the guide below to sign out of your Disney Plus account.
On Android and iOS, check out the steps below to log out of your account:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Now, tap on your Avatar from the bottom navigation bar.
- Lastly, tap the Log Out button.
For browsers, you can sign out your Disney Plus account by doing the following:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website.
- After that, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on Log Out.
If you are using other devices, follow the steps below to log out of your account:
- Open the Disney Plus website using your preferred browser.
- Next, hover the cursor to your Avatar and click the Account tab.
- Lastly, click the Log Out of All Devices button to sign out of your Disney Plus account.
Once done, re-login to your account and check if the problem is solved.
6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Since the error message points out your internet connection, you must confirm if this is really the case. To do this, use third-party tools like Fast.com to measure your network’s current upload and download speed.
If your network is indeed the problem, restart your router to refresh your service provider’s connection. Find the power cable of your router and unplug it from the outlet. Wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
Wait for your network router to reboot and run another test. If your network continues to run slow, contact your service provider and ask them to address the problem.
On the other hand, upgrade your current subscription if your network speed is below the 5 Mbps requirement of Disney Plus.
7. Turn Off VPN.
VPNs are applications that provide security over your network and bypass restrictions set by your ISP or country. They work by changing your default IP address and filtering the data on your device to prevent hackers from stealing it.
However, this process can introduce delays and interruptions to your network, making it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus.
Before accessing the platform, make sure that your VPN is turned off.
You can also switch to another VPN like IPVanish if you don’t want to go online without protection. Unlike other services, IPVanish does not interrupt your network’s flow and works well with other applications.
8. Clear Your Browsing Data.
If the error code 76 occurs on your browser, some of its caches and cookies could be corrupted. Browsers use this data to load websites faster and improve their overall performance.
Unfortunately, caches and cookies accumulate over time, and instead of helping, it causes problems on your browser.
To fix this, clear your browsing data by doing the following steps:
- On your browser, click the Options button at the top right corner of your window and open the Settings tab.
- After that, go to Privacy and Security and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, click on the Time Range tab and select All Time from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, include caches and cookies in the process and hit the Clear Data button to start.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to Disney Plus and check if the error message would still occur.
9. Run Malwarebytes.
Viruses and malware may have infected some of your files and are now eating up all your system resources. This also consumes your network bandwidth, explaining why the ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ error message occurs on Disney Plus.
To confirm this, download Malwarebytes on your device and use its full system scan feature. This will allow the tool to search your entire directory for infected files and automatically remove them from your device.
Malwarebytes is available for all major operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
10. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
If you are using an Android device, you can also try clearing Disney Plus’ app data if you experience error messages on the platform. Unexpected issues may occur on Disney Plus and could cause its application data to be corrupted.
To clear Disney Plus’ app data, follow the step-by-step guide below:
- First, open the Settings app from your application drawer.
- After that, scroll down and open the Apps tab.
- Now, tap on Disney Plus and access the Storage tab.
- Lastly, tap the Clear Data button to complete the process.
After clearing Disney Plus’s app data, log back into your account and check if the problem is solved.
11. Update Disney Plus.
Disney Plus releases timely updates on their application to patch up errors and ensure that it is optimized for all devices. If you haven’t updated your Disney Plus app yet, check for an update now to address the issue.
On Android, follow the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- First, open your application drawer and launch the Google Play Store.
- Next, tap the Menu button inside the search bar to access the side drawer.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games to check for available updates.
- Lastly, tap the Update button beside Disney Plus to install the update.
For iOS devices, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- On your home screen, tap the App Store to open it.
- After that, tap on your Profile to view the list of applications with available updates.
- Finally, locate Disney Plus and tap the Update button.
If you are using a Playstation 4, check out the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your main screen, select Disney Plus and press the Options button on your controller.
- After that, select Check for Updates on the side menu.
- Lastly, press the O or X button on your controller to confirm your action.
Go back to Disney Plus afterward and see if the error code 76 would still occur.
12. Update Your Device.
System updates are an integral part of any operating system. It contains security patches and other fixes needed by your device to keep the latest applications running. If you encounter the ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ error message on Disney Plus, update your device.
For Android users, check out the guide below to update your system:
- First, open the Settings app on your application drawer.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and open the About or About Phone tab.
- Lastly, tap on Software Updates and follow the on-screen prompts to update your operating system.
On iOS devices, you can update its OS by doing the following:
- On your home screen, tap on Settings to launch it.
- Now, go to the General tab and open Software Updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update your iOS device.
If you are using other systems, visit the Help Center and find your device’s specific guide.
13. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If you still encounter the ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ on Disney Plus, we suggest that you let the professionals take over.
Visit the Help Center and contact their support team from there. Make sure to give all necessary details like your account information, the device you use, and the show you are watching for speeding up the process.
You can also browse the different guides on the Help Center and see if you can find any solutions.
This brings us to the end of our guide in fixing the error code 76 on Disney Plus. If you have any questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂