Wondering how to fix Speak Time not working on Apple Watch?
Being one of the best smartwatches on the market, Apple Watch offers multiple astounding features, such as Speak Time. When you have the option enabled, your watch will speak out the time for you every time you place two fingers on the display.
Unfortunately, like all other Apple devices, Apple Watch has also inevitably fallen prey to various glitches. This leads the device not to speak time when required, troubling the users that expected ease while purchasing the product.
The fault is mainly in the watch itself, which can be rectified by correctly following this guide until the end. However, this does not rule out the possibility that some users may unintentionally tap or force-press the display, causing the feature not to respond to the gesture.
Whatever the situation, if you’re facing a similar issue, fear no more. We have provided some easy solutions to get rid of the problem. So, keep reading and don’t skip any part.
Now, let’s dive into fixes!
1. Ensure Tap to Speak Time Is On.
Before you assume that the Speak Time feature is not working, make sure you have it enabled in the first place. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- To get started, click the Digital Crown and tap on the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Then, scroll down to Clock and tap on it.
- Lastly, ensure the toggle for Speak Time is enabled.
Now, whenever you tap on the screen using two fingers, Siri will speak the time for you.
2. Ensure Silent Mode Is Disabled.
The features of the Apple Watch may or may not depend on one another. For example, if you’ve turned on both the Speak Time and Silent Mode at the same time, you won’t be able to hear Siri speak time for you. However, you can change it by turning on the Always Speak option.
First, let’s take a look at how to disable Silent Mode for those who are not a fan of the Always Speak feature.
- Begin by clicking the Digital Crown to launch all apps.
- Next, tap on the Settings app.
- Then, scroll down and go to Sounds & Haptics.
- Finally, turn off the toggle next to Silent Mode.
- Alternatively, you may swipe up from the bottom of the watch face to access the Control Center.
- Look for the bell icon and tap on it. This will disable the Silent Mode.
Now, if you want to keep the Apple Watch silent and be able to hear the gadget speak out the time, follow the steps below:
- First, tap on the Digital Crown and select Settings from all apps.
- Then, find the Clock option and tap on it.
- Tap on the toggle next to Always Speak to turn it on.
Never face the Speak Time not working on Apple Watch again!
3. Re-Add Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse.
There could be some background activity causing the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse not to speak out the time. In such circumstances, the quickest solution is to re-add the watch face.
Below are the steps you need to follow:
- To start, press and hold the display of your Apple Watch.
- Swipe up on the watch face.
- Then, tap on Remove.
- Now, swipe left and tap on the add icon.
- Finally, turn the Digital Crown and select either the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse to add it back.
4. Reboot Your Apple Watch.
Apart from turning on and off several settings on your Apple Watch, there are various troubleshooting techniques you may put into use if the Speak Time is not working on Apple Watch, number one being the device reboot.
Rebooting Apple Watch appears to fix the issue when it occurs due to a system glitch. This is the best option for those who fear losing their data and settings.
Here’s what you got to do:
- First, hold down the Digital Crown and side button simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- Once the Apple logo appears on the screen, release both buttons.
5. Perform a Hard Reset.
A simple reset can fix some stubborn bugs that are not eliminated upon rebooting Apple Watch. However, you should know that all your settings and data will be lost. Therefore, it is advisable to follow this method only if you’re willing to start from fresh.
To do so, this is what you need to do:
- To begin, click the Digital Crown to open the apps.
- From there, choose the Settings apps.
- Now, go to General.
- Then, scroll down and tap on the Reset option.
- From the options, select Erase All Content and Settings.
Once the reset is done, you’ll need to pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone again.
6. Re-Pair Apple Watch.
You can’t ignore the possibility that the Speak Time is not working on Apple Watch because it is not correctly paired with your iPhone. Hence, try unpairing and pairing the device again to avoid the issue.
While doing so, you’ll need to place your iPhone and the paired watch close together. For a detailed step-by-step guide, follow the instructions below:
- From your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Now, select the My Watch tab and tap on All Watches.
- This will open up a list of Apple Watches you may have recently connected to. From there, tap on the info icon next to the Apple Watch you would like to unpair.
- Then, tap on the Unpair Apple Watch option.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep your cellular plan since you’re going to re-pair your Apple Watch in a bit.
- Confirm unpairing your device and if prompted, enter your Apple ID passcode.
- Now to re-pair your Apple Watch, remember to turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and ensure it’s connected to a Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- Now, turn on your Apple Watch by long-pressing the side button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
- When you see the Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch message, tap on Continue on your iPhone screen.
- If the message fails to appear, open the Watch app, go to All Watches, tap on Pair New Watch, and select Set Up for Myself.
- Next, in the animation frame, bring your Apple Watch to the viewfinder and wait for a pairing confirmation message. If the process fails, tap on Pair Manually and follow the instructions from there.
- Finally, Set Up as New Apple Watch or Restore From Backup.
You may also require to update your Apple Watch before continuing to set it up. However, if you get the “Unable to Check for Update” Error, simply fix it by following any of the methods.
This is it! You’ve made it to the end of our guide on how to fix Speak Time Not Working on Apple Watch. If you still have any confusion, feel free to let us know through the comment section below. We’ll be happy to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂