Can’t figure out why videos are not loading on Funimation?
Funimation is one of the largest anime streaming services in the world. It is an American entertainment company that focuses on dubbing and distribution of East Asian Media, with a great record of working with Japanese anime.
Among the companies’ popular releases are Attack on Titan, One Piece, Demon Slayer, and My Hero Academia.
Having a wide variety of anime on its platform, there’s no surprise that anime fans love Funimation. However, this is not always the case, as the service can also suffer from random issues. When this happens, many fans complain on social media and Funimation’s support.
If you are reading this, we can assume that videos are not loading on your Funimation app.
Depending on the situation, this can be due to an unstable internet connection, faulty servers, account-related issues, or improper configurations.
To help out, we’ve decided to make a guide on how to fix videos that are not loading on Funimation.
1. Check Funimation Servers.
Before changing your configurations, we suggest checking the servers first if you encounter problems with Funimation. Since Funimation is an online service, it needs its servers to deliver content and features.
To do this, you can visit Funimation’s dedicated status page to see if there are ongoing problems with the servers.
If the servers are down, the best thing you can do is wait. Sadly, server-related problems can’t be resolved on your end. On the other hand, you can head to the next solution if the servers are up and running.
2. Try Other Titles.
There are times when some content on the platform becomes unavailable due to internal issues. When this happens, you might not be able to stream some shows or anime you regularly watch.
To confirm this, we suggest playing random titles on the platform to see if other content will load normally. If you can stream other shows, it means that the anime you initially played is currently unavailable.
3. Restart Your Device.
Whenever you encounter issues with Funimation or other apps, it is always a good practice to restart your device. This should reload Funimation’s resources and clear your temporary cache for errors and other issues.
- Locate the Power button on your device.
- Press and hold it down until you see the selection menu.
- Finally, tap on Restart.
- Access the Assistive Touch on your iOS device.
- From there, navigate to Device > More.
- Lastly, hit Restart.
Once done, relaunch Funimation and see if the problem is solved.
4. Update Funimation.
If you still can’t play any show on Funimation, it might indicate a problem with the app itself. To rule this out, update the Funimation app to the latest version possible to patch possible bugs and errors.
- Go to your app drawer and launch the Google Play Store.
- Next, access your profile and tap on Manage Apps & Device.
- After that, go to the Updates Available tab.
- Locate Funimation from the list and hit Update.
- Access the App Store on your device.
- Now, go to your Profile and scroll down.
- Find Funimation from the list and choose Update.
Relaunch the app after the update to see if videos will now load.
5. Check Your Network Connection.
A slow or unstable internet connection could also be the reason for videos not loading on Funimation. To confirm this, perform a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates a problem with your network, restart your modem or router to refresh the connection with your ISP’s servers. Unplug your router from the outlet and wait for at least five seconds before reconnecting it.
Once done, perform another test to check if the problem is solved. If not, contact your provider and ask them to fix the issue.
6. Clear Funimation Cache (Android).
If you are using an Android device, we suggest clearing Funimation’s app cache if videos are not loading on the app. This way, we can ensure that there are no corrupted data on your storage.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to your home screen and locate Funimation.
- After that, tap and hold the app icon until the options menu appear.
- Choose App Info afterward and access the Storage tab.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Re-login to your account afterward and see if the problem is solved.
7. Reinstall Funimation.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is reinstall Funimation on your device. This should ensure that you have the latest working version of the app and there are no missing resources on your device.
See the steps below to remove Funimation:
- First, go to your app drawer or home screen.
- Locate Funimation and long-press its icon.
- Once the options menu shows up, tap on Remove App (iOS) or Uninstall (Android) to delete it.
Once done, go to the Play Store or App Store to reinstall Funimation.
That ends our guide on how to fix videos that are not loading on Funimation. If you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂