Are you bothered because you do not know how to find your lost AirPods and their case?
It is frustrating to lose your AirPods because they are so small that they are really hard to find. What’s more, it makes listening to music, podcasts, talking on the phone, or even watching a movie on your iPhone extremely difficult. This is especially true when you’re doing these things in a public place.
Fortunately, Apple has found a way to resolve this common user problem. The Find My app was first introduced as Find My iPhone in 2010, which has evolved into the Find My app in 2019. It has become a necessary service that allows you to locate your Apple devices.
But how can you use the Find My app to locate your AirPods? Good thing you are in the right place because we have prepared this guide just for you. Learn how to find your lost AirPods and their case, and save yourself from the trouble of finding them all day.
Let’s get started!
1. How To Set Up Find My: Step-By-Step.
Before anything else, you should set up ‘Find My’ first. You can do this on your iPhone, iPad, or even on your Mac. Make sure to set it up before you regret not doing so when you already lost your AirPods.
Here’s how you can set up ‘Find My’ on your iPhone or iPad:
- Begin by opening your Settings app and tap your name.
- Next, select Find My.
- Then enable Share My Location if you want your family and friends to locate you.
- After that, select Find My iPhone or Find My iPad, then enable Find My iPhone or Find My iPad.
- Then enable Find My network if you want to locate your device even when it’s offline. Take note that this is an encrypted, anonymous network of millions of Apple devices that can help you find your device.
- Finally, you can also enable Send Last Location if you want to send your location to Apple when the battery is critically low.
You can also enable ‘Location Services’ to find your lost device on a map. You can do this by opening the ‘Settings app’, then go to Privacy, and select ‘Location Services’.
Here’s how you can set up ‘Find My’ on your Mac:
- Begin by going to the Apple menu and tap the System Preferences.
- Next, select Security & Privacy, then switch to the Privacy tab.
- Then on the lower left side, if the padlock is showing as locked, click it to unlock. Enter the administrator’s name and password.
- After that, go to Location Services and turn on Enable Location Services. Ensure that Find My is also turned on.
- Now, click Done and go back to the System Preferences.
- Then select Apple ID, and then select iCloud. Turn on Find My Mac.
- Finally, beside Find My Mac, click Options. Ensure that Find My Mac and Find My network are both turned on to allow you to look for your Mac if it got lost or stolen. Then click Done. Take note that Find My network is an encrypted, anonymous network of millions of Apple devices that can help you find your device.
When that is all done, you can now locate your lost or stolen Apple device, or even help out a friend to find their missing Apple device. To add to that, you can also share your location with your family, friends, and other contacts. Moreover, you can also ask to follow a family or friend’s location and even get the directions for it.
2. How To Find Lost AirPods And Their Case: Step-By-Step.
If you haven’t set up ‘Find My’ yet, you should go back to the previous method to do this. Otherwise, you can proceed with adding your AirPods to the ‘Find My’ app. If your AirPods are paired with your iPhone, it will be automatically set up when you enable ‘Find My iPhone’.
Now that you have finished setting up ‘Find My’, how can you find your lost AirPods and their case? You will be able to see them on a map, wherein you will see the location of the AirPods. Or you can also play a sound if your AirPods are connected via Bluetooth and are near any of your Apple devices.
Here’s how you can find your lost AirPods and their case using a map on your iPhone or iPad:
- Begin by opening the Find My app.
- Next, select the Devices tab.
- After that, select your AirPods. Then under each device, you will either see a location or ‘No Location found.’
Here’s how you can find your lost AirPods and their case using a map on your Mac:
- Begin by going to iCloud.com/find.
- Next, sign in using your Apple ID.
- After that, select All Devices and click your AirPods. Then under each device, you will either see when its location was last found or ‘Offline’.
Here’s how you can find your lost AirPods and their case by playing a sound:
- Begin by opening the Find My app.
- Next, select the Devices tab.
- After that, select your AirPods and click Play Sound. Your AirPods will play a sound that will slowly get louder for two minutes, or until you tell them to stop. Ensure that your AirPods are not in or on your ears before you play a sound.
In case you only need to find one of your AirPods and the other one is still with you, find the AirPod that you see on the map and put it back in its case. After that, refresh the map and find the other one. You need to do this because you can only see one location at a time on the map.
3. What To Do If Lost AirPods Are Offline.
If you have enabled ‘Find My network’ and ‘Send Last Location’ when setting up ‘Find My’, then this should not be a problem. You will still be able to see the last location of your AirPods even when they are out of range or running out of battery. However, you can only see their location for up to 18 hours inside the case, and up to 72 hours if they are outside.
Moreover, if you see ‘No Location found’ or ‘Offline’ under your AirPods, you will not be able to play a sound to find them. However, you may be able to get directions on a map to the location where they were last connected. In case they go back online, you should get a notification on the Apple device that they are paired with.
Unfortunately, ‘Find My’ is the only method that you can use to track your AirPods. There is no other available Apple service that can find them for you. So you have to set it up if you still want to retrieve your lost AirPods.
4. Try Dr. Fone.
If you are looking for an all-in-one tool for your iPhone or iPad, why don’t you try Dr. Fone?
Dr. Fone is the top brand for repairing both Apple and Android devices. This is because it has many available tools that you can use to maintain your device. Dr. Fone’s toolkit caters to every users’ needs.
As a matter of fact, one of these tools is called the ‘System Repair’ tool. This amazing tool can repair both iOS and Android system issues, which you can also use for the ‘Apple Watch Unavailable’ error.
Do you know that Dr. Fone was also recognized among the top 50 IT management products for 2020 by G2 Crowd Fall 2020 Reports? Dr. Fone really deserves to be recognized because of the expertise and trustworthiness that it has continuously proved to its users for the past 17 years.
5. FAQ: Help! I Still Can’t Find My Lost AirPods And Their Case.
Unfortunately, if you still can’t find your lost AirPods and their Case, you should contact Apple Support for a replacement. They should be able to provide you one, as long as you have your serial number ready.
Always remember that before going to your nearest Apple store, check your service and support coverage first. It is a must to have everything ready before going.
This wraps up our guide, but we hope that we were able to help you in case you lost your AirPods and their case. But if this hasn’t happened to you yet, that is better! But we assure you that you will not regret enabling ‘Find My’ in case something happens to your AirPods.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂