The Mail app’s ‘Move Message to Suggested Folder’ feature enables single-tap email management. However, numerous reports indicate the feature’s malfunction on iOS 17.
This guide will demonstrate how to resolve this issue on your iPhone or iPad.
Let’s get started!
If you can’t move your messages to suggested folders, try these fixes:
1. Check Apple’s Servers’ Status
If you encounter issues with Apple-related services, the first thing to do is check the status of their systems.
There might be an ongoing issue related to iCloud or Apple ID that affects the functionality of the Mail app.
Visit their system status page to check if there are reported problems with their services.
2. Refresh the Mail App
A temporary glitch could disrupt the ‘Move Message to Suggested Folder’ feature. To address this, close and reopen the Mail app to refresh its resources.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the app switcher.
- Locate the Mail app.
- Flick the app upwards to close it and then reopen it.
3. Update Your Device to the Latest Version
Updating to iOS 17.1 has resolved this issue for many users. If you’re using an older version, ensure your device is up-to-date by following these steps:
To update your iPhone/iPad:
- Open Settings.
- Go to General > Software Update.
- If an update is available, select Download and Install.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
- Your device may restart several times during the update.
- Ensure your iPhone/iPad is at least 50% charged or connected to a charger during the update.
- Allow approximately 15 minutes for the update, especially for significant upgrades (e.g., from iOS 15 to iOS 16).
To avoid missing future updates, enable automatic updates on your iPhone/iPad:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to General > Software Update > Automatic Updates.
- Turn on Download iOS/iPadOS Updates and Install iOS/iPadOS Updates.
4. Reset Settings Back to Default
If the update fails to resolve the issue, consider resetting your device’s settings. This can eliminate any conflicting preferences that might be causing the ‘Move Message to Suggested Folder’ feature to malfunction.
Follow these steps to reset your settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings and follow the prompts.
- Your iPhone will immediately restart upon resetting your configurations.
- It may be stuck in the Apple logo. Wait for the process to complete, which usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
Why was the ‘move to suggested folder’ option removed?
The exact reason for the disappearance of the ‘Move to Suggested Folder’ feature in iOS 17 remains unclear. It could be an oversight by Apple or a bug that led to its removal. However, the issue was confirmed to be resolved in the iOS 17.1 update.
Why am I not receiving emails from the Mail app?
If you’re not receiving new emails, first ensure that your email account is still logged into the Mail app. You may need to update your password or account details. Additionally, a slow or unstable internet connection can also hinder email reception.
Why can’t I move emails to trash?
If moving emails to trash isn’t working, ensure that each email account’s trash folder is set to its respective mailbox, rather than the local trash folder on your iPhone.
To adjust these settings:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the email you want to delete emails from.
- Next, tap on Account and go to Advanced.
- Tap on Deleted Mailbox and select the correct folder.