Cannot log in to the Facebook app to access your account?
Having more than 2 billion monthly users, Facebook has done an incredible job to keep its services available most of the time. However, this doesn’t mean that the biggest social media platform is exempted from occasional downtimes and errors.
Like any application, Facebook also encounter issues like query errors, the Facebook app is not working, and login problems. Thankfully, these problems on the platform don’t last that long and they can be resolved in no time.
If you cannot log in to the Facebook app, then you’ve come to the right place!
Today, we are going to show you a few tips and tricks on how to fix this issue on Facebook.
Before changing anything on your end, do yourself a favor and check the status of Facebook’s servers as the problem could be on their end.
Now, if their servers are working normally, head down below and try the solutions offered.
- 1. Reload the Webpage and Restart Device.
- 2. Change Your Password.
- 3. Turn Off VPN.
- 4. Check For Updates (Android and iOS).
- 5. Clear App Cache (Android Device Only).
- 6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 7. Reinstall Facebook.
- 8. Try Using Tailwind.
- 9. Report the Problem to Facebook.
1. Reload the Webpage and Restart Device.
If you are having problems using a certain website like Facebook, try to refresh the page and see if this solves the issue. To do this, simply hit the F5 key on your keyboard or click the Refresh button beside the URL box on your browser.
After refreshing the webpage, restart your device.
For users on the desktop, you can do this by following the steps below.
- On your computer, press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- After that, click on the Power button.
- Finally, click on Restart.
On the other hand, if you are on an Android device, you can restart it by holding down the Power button until the options page appears. Now, tap on Restart to start the process.
Now, for iOS devices, you can restart it by holding down the Power button until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ page appears. Tap on the slider and slide it to the right until your screen turns black. Once your iOS device is turned off, press the Power button again to power it on.
After reloading the webpage and restarting your device, visit Facebook again, and try re-accessing your account to see if the problem is already resolved.
2. Change Your Password.
If you cannot log in to the Facebook app, there is a high chance that you are not giving the correct credentials for your account. To rule this out, try changing your account’s password and try logging in again.
To do this, check out the guide below.
- First, go to Facebook’s Log In page and click on ‘Forgot Password?’.
- After that, enter your email or phone number and click the Search button.
- Now, select a way on how you prefer to receive the confirmation code and click Continue.
- Next, input the confirmation code that you have received and click Continue.
- Finally, nominate your preferred password and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Once done, go back to the login page and try to reaccess your account to see if the issue is already fixed.
3. Turn Off VPN.
For websites to authenticate the credentials you’ve provided for your account, it needs a stable connection to connect with its servers. However, if you are running VPNs on your system, it may cause instability with your network.
Since VPNs randomly change your IP address, your device may not be able to establish a stable connection with the website’s servers. To fix this, simply disable your VPN and see if you can access your account.
4. Check For Updates (Android and iOS).
If you cannot access your account on the app but can log in on Facebook’s website, then try to update your Facebook app. Possibly, the version of Facebook installed on your device is no longer supported, or it contains a bug or glitch related to logging in.
On Android devices, check out the steps below on how to update the Facebook app:
- On your device, go to the home screen and tap on Google Play Store to open it.
- Inside the Play Store, open the side menu by tapping on the Menu icon on the search bar.
- Now, tap on My Apps & Games from the side menu.
- Lastly, tap on the Update button beside the Facebook app if an update is available.
For iOS devices, you can update your applications by doing the following steps:
- First, unlock your device and tap on the App Store from the home screen.
- After that, tap Updates on the navigation bar.
- Finally, tap on the Update button beside Facebook if the App Store detected a possible update.
After updating the Facebook app, try logging in again to check if you are now able to access your account.
5. Clear App Cache (Android Device Only).
On Android devices, Facebook has an application cache, which is used to improve its overall performance. However, this application cache could get corrupted during an update or while in use that can cause problems on your device.
Thankfully, the app cache can be easily cleared on your phone’s settings.
- On your device, tap on the Settings app to open it.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Inside the Apps tab, tap on Facebook to open its settings.
- Now, tap on Storage.
- Finally, tap on the Clear Cache button to start the process.
Now, go back to the Facebook app and try to access your account to see if you can log in.
However, if you are still having issues with Facebook, try the next solution below to address the problem.
6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
A slow internet connection can also be the cause for Facebook to malfunction. Since it is an online platform, it needs a stable internet connection to communicate with its servers.
If you cannot log in to the Facebook app, try to run a simple speed test using Fast.com to see if the problem lies with your network.
Once the result comes out and the issue is really with your network, try to restart your router. To do this, locate the power cable of your router and unplug it from the wall outlet. Now, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging back the power cable.
After your router has restarted, run another speed test to see if the problem is already fixed. Sadly, if the issue with your network continues, contact your ISP immediately and report the problem.
7. Reinstall Facebook.
Applications that are not working properly could be a sign that it is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled on your system. Instead of figuring out what is wrong with the Facebook app, simply delete it from your system and install it again afterward.
This way, you are sure that you have a working copy of the application and that it is already up to date.
On Android devices, follow the steps below to guide you on the process.
- On your home screen, tap and hold on the Facebook app until the options menu appears.
- Now, tap on Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the app from your device.
- Finally, go to the Play Store and download Facebook again.
For iOS devices, check out the steps below on how to reinstall the Facebook app.
- First, go to your home screen and press on the Facebook app until the options menu pops up.
- Now, tap on Remove app to uninstall Facebook on your device.
- Finally, go to the App Store and install Facebook again.
After reinstalling Facebook, try to log in to your account to see if the problem is already resolved.
8. Try Using Tailwind.
If you have an online business and looking to expand your reach, try using Tailwind.
Tailwind is a social media managing platform for Instagram and Pinterest. It enables you to set scheduled posts and identify ideal hashtags for your marketing ads like a pro!
It has a SmartSchedule feature that tells you the best time to post your products to get the most engagements possible.
Be one step ahead of your competition by trying Tailwind today!
9. Report the Problem to Facebook.
For your last resort, we suggest that you let the experts handle your problem.
Try to report the problem to Facebook and have them fix the issue with your account and their platform. When reporting an issue, be sure to include important details like your location, account information, and the device you are using.
This sums up our guide on what to do if you cannot log in to the Facebook app. If you have concerns or queries, leave a comment below, and we’d try our best to accommodate them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂