Lately, I’ve had trouble seeing my top and latest posts on X (Twitter).
Whenever I search, the error “Posts aren’t loading right now” comes up.
After trying multiple workarounds, I’ve found a few solutions that successfully resolved the error.
Let’s dive right into them.
1. Check X Status
Server Outage is one of the usual reasons why the error “Posts aren’t loading right now” occurs.
Before changing anything on your end, verify whether there are issues with the platform.
You can use X’s status page to confirm if the problem is caused by outages.
Sadly, server-related issues can’t be resolved on your end. Check in from time to time so you’ll know once the issue is resolved.
You can proceed to the next solution if there’s nothing wrong with X’s servers.
2. Force Restart X
Temporary bugs and errors may have occurred on the app, causing the search feature to malfunction.
To rule this out, force restart the X app to reload its resources and refresh your session.
For iOS users, here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe upwards from the bottom of your display to open the app switcher.
- Find the X app from the list.
- Drag or flick the app upwards to close it.
- Go back to your home screen and relaunch X.
If you’re using an Android device, follow the guide below:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Now, access the Apps tab.
- Look for X on the list.
- Tap on Force Stop.
- Relaunch X from your home screen.
The placement of the options above may vary depending on your phone’s manufacturer.
3. Update X App
Updating the X app to the latest version ensures you receive up-to-date fixes and security updates.
For iOS users, here’s how you can update the X app:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on your Profile in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and find X from the list.
- Tap Update beside the app if an update is available.
If you’re using an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap on your Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to Manage Apps & Device > Updates Available.
- Find X from the list and tap Update.
Go back to X to check if you’ll still encounter the “Posts aren’t loading right now” error.
4. Refresh Your Session
You can try logging out of your X account and signing back in if you still encounter the error.
This should end your current session and force the app to refresh your entire timeline.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap on your Profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Expand the Settings & Support tab.
- Go to Settings and Privacy > Your Account.
- Access the Account Information tab.
- Tap Log Out and follow the prompts.
5. Check Your Network
An unstable network can lead to several connection issues when accessing websites and applications.
If you still see the “Posts aren’t loading right now” error, it might indicate a problem with your connection.
Test your connection using Fast.com to check if your current bandwidth matches the speed indicated on your plan.
If not, power cycle your modem to refresh the link with your ISP (Internet Service Provider):
- Disconnect your router from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Reconnect your router to the power source.
Run another test to confirm if the problem is solved. If the issue persists, contact your provider to let them know about the issue with your connection.
6. You Hit the Daily Limit
Besides its name, X also implemented changes to user experience. Recently, Elon announced that they are implementing temporary limits to how many tweets an account can see.
To address extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation, we’ve applied the following temporary limits:— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 1, 2023
– Verified accounts are limited to reading 6000 posts/day
– Unverified accounts to 600 posts/day
– New unverified accounts to 300/day
Try using another account or check with your friends to confirm if the error is due to your account hitting the daily limit.
7. Clear App Cache (Android)
Most apps store temporary files on your device for performance optimizations. However, these can accumulate over time and corrupt.
If you’re on Android, try clearing your app cache if you still encounter the “posts aren’t loading right now” error.
- Look for X from your home screen.
- Hold its app icon until the selection menu appears.
- Tap on App Info.
- Access the Storage tab.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Sign in to your X account afterward to check if the problem is solved.
8. Contact X (Twitter)
It’s time to seek help from X’s team if the issue persists even after performing the solutions given above.
You can do this directly from the mobile app:
- Open the X app and log in to your account.
- Tap on your Profile in the upper left corner.
- Go to the Help Center and fill out the Contact Us form.
Why does X say, “Posts aren’t loading right now”?
When posts are not loading on the app, it usually indicates a problem with Twitter’s servers. Their team could be performing system maintenance, or an unexpected error occurred.
How do you know if someone blocked you on X?
There’s no way to search for accounts that are blocking you. However, if you check a specific account, it will say whether you are blocked or not. You won’t be able to follow them, see their tweets, followers, and following list, or direct message them.
How do you know if your X account is suspended?
When X permanently suspends your account, you’ll be informed of the suspension and the reason for it. It can be a violation of X’s policies, or you’ve been reported by multiple accounts at once.
That ends our guide on how to fix the “Posts aren’t loading right now” error on X.
If you have questions about the solutions, please let me know in the comment section, and I will try my best to answer them.